The mission of Locust Fork High School is to provide students with
the skills necessary to be confident, self-directed, lifelong learners
so that they may become responsible citizens and productive members
• Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social,
emotional, and intellectual needs.
• A safe, well organized, and physically comfortable environment
promotes student learning.
• Students differ in the way that they learn, and these differences
should be addressed while providing a challenge curriculum that encourages
• An atmosphere in which academic success is recognized and celebrated
encourages student learning, enhances self-esteem, and promotes respect
among and between students and faculty.
• The commitment to continuous Improvement is imperative for our
school if we are to produce students who will become confident, self-directed,
• Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community should
work in concert with one another for the purpose of advancing the school’s
Click here to view the LFHS CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PLAN
MS Word Document (530 KB)
PDF Documents (712 KB)
Blount County Board of Education
James E. Carr, Superintendent
The mission of Blount County Schools is to create lifelong learners by providing quality education and meeting the needs of all students.
Blount County Schools will work closely with students, staff, families, and community stakeholders to prepare responsible citizens ready to succeed in an ever-changing global society.
We believe that....
- Learning should be the primary focus of our schools.
- All students can learn when provided with quality instruction.
- Students should be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Our schools should be safe and positive learning environments.
- We must commit ourselves to continuous learning.
- Education is a partnership among schools, families, and communities.
Blount County Schools: Providing the Keys to Lifelong Learning